Benefits of Trail Running
Many people are already runners, pounding the pavement around their homes, or coastline or even on the treadmill at home or the gym. But what are the benefits of taking your running to the trails? Here’s some key benefits of getting out into the beautiful nature trails here in WA.
- The hills, trees, tree roots, plants force you to go up and down, side to side – all this helps gets your brain working! Rather than worrying about that email you didn’t send, what’s for dinner tonight – you’ll be focusing on what’s directly in front of you, focusing on the present.
- It improves your fitness! While running obviously helps with keeping you fit, running on the trails can be better for your overall fitness. How? With all the variations on the trails elevations, downhills, rocky terrain and so on, means your body gets a different kind of workout than running on the pavement. It can be said that incorporating trail running into your regime will make you a better runner on the pavement as it builds strength, stamina and endurance!
- More than just your physical health – getting out on the trails is absolutely amazing for your mental health. Fresh air, movement and getting our in nature does amazing things for your state of mind.
- Get bored doing exercise? Well trail running can be the antedote! When you get out on the trails you get to experience stunning landscapes, waterfalls, rivers, encounter native wildlife – things you generally won’t see on a treadmill 😛
- No matter the distance you run (or walk!) there is always a sense of achievement when you complete a trail. Whether its 5km or 25km the sense of I did it! is there every time.
- Be a kid again! Unleash your inner child, get splattered in mud, high-five and woohoo as you push up the hill or make it down the slope! Life is serious enough so let loose on the trails!
- Meet new awesome people and discover amazing places! The PTS trail community is like no other! With thousands of people getting on the trail every week – you’ll encounter some awesome people and see parts of WA you may have never seen!
With over 20 events each year, who not sign up for your first or next event! Woohoo!