Swissmurdie Race Brief
Event Start Time:
Directions to Event:
Yodel-lay-hee-Woo-Hoo!!!!!! We can't wait to cheer you on as you yodel through the hills of Swissmurdie for the Summer Series 2021 finale!
What's with the name? Swissmurdie brings a taste of the Swiss alpine races to the Perth Hills (minus the cucumber and salami at the aid station!)
But before we get into it, let's pause and reflect the Summer Series. You amazing Trail Runners have gone from the challenges at Stay Puft, with its sloppy sand and 80-160 metres of elevation gain, to Swissmurdie! It's pea gravel, rocks, roots, logs, and up to 700 metres of gain. We've got a small cliff-edge to navigate along at this event (woohoo) and a short steep descent in the Black course we call the "Double Black Diamond Ski Hill". You guys are incredible, and we couldn't imagine a Summer without this Series!
Directions and IMPORTANT Parking Information. Please plan to arrive earlier than you normally would.
Start/Finish area is located at Lower Lesmurdie Falls Car Park - enter 140 Palm Terrace Forrestfield, WA into Google Maps.
PTS Crew will be directing you to park along the verge of Palm Terrace and Lewis Road so please follow their instructions on the day. Please do not park on resident's driveways, or block vision at intersections, we want to be respectful to the locals and keep everyone safe.
IMPORTANT HEALTH AND SAFETY FOR COVID-19: PHASE 4
- If you're feeling unwell please STAY HOME!
- Don't forget to practice physical distancing in the Start/Finish area and out on course.
6:00am Check-in and Bib Collection (closes at 6:50am) To check-in take your mandatory gear to the Tent that matches your course colour!
7:00am Race Briefing - Black and Blue Courses (ALL Black and Blue runners must be present)
7:10am Black Course Start
7:25am Blue Course Start
7:26am Race Briefing - Green Course (ALL Green runners must be present)
7:35am Green Course Start
8:25am Green Course Presos
8:45am Blue and Black Course Presos (hang out for the vibe, or you may still be enjoying the trails. We'll cheer you on when you finish!)
What To Bring
- Your carpooling mates!!!
- Hydration System (a handheld bottle, waist belt, or pack that holds a minimum of 500ml). All runners - regardless of course distance - MUST present their hydration system at Check-in or you won't receive your race bib. Save a walk back to the car and make sure you have it with you! You must carry your hydration system with you for the duration of your time on course. No hydration = no time. No exceptions!
- PTS Collapsible Cup to access water at the Top Up Stop and punch at the Finish Line. No cup = no water and no punch. If it's your first event let the PTS Crew know when you Check-in to receive your cup.
- Hat, sunscreen and a positive, prepared for anything, sense of adventure, trail running attitude!
- Cash for pre-race coffee and to buy awesome PTS Gear (Buffs, KeepCups, Shirts, Race Dots available).
- Drop Bag so you can have drinks and change of clothes with you at the finish. We'll have a marquee you can leave your stuff at.
What NOT To Bring
- Hiking poles - they aren't allowed at the Summer Series events.
- Dogs are welcome at the Start/Finish area of this event, but we ask that they're well behaved and controlled.
- Our coffee and food vans will have delicious beverages and brekkie - so refuel and relax while cheering in your fellow trail runners!
- Presos will take place ~9:00am. We'll award 1st, 2nd, 3rd for each course. Stick around and join in the fun - you might score yourself a chance to spin the PTS Prize Wheel!
Download the Google Map to your device and follow your course colour
*Actual event day course may change - always follow course flagging on the day*
Let's nail the downhills by getting those legs ticking! Try and increase your cadence – do this by shortening your steps. Lean forward, rather than back. Try NOT to heel strike. Land mid- or forefoot regardless of how you normally run. Control your speed by taking lots and lots of small steps (be light on your feet). Confidence is the key to getting down there like a pro. And don't forget to Smile. It's always the most important part of your form!
Some rules to remember:
1. Disqualification (DQ) if caught littering or short-cutting/cheating.
2. Minimum 500mL hydration must be carried for the duration of the event and it's a DQ if you're caught without it. If you want to run without hydration there are great footpaths in the city ;-)
3. Bibs cannot be given to someone else to race on your behalf - your bib, your identity. If you did not enter this event, you aren't allowed to run the course on the day. This is called "ghosting" and will result in being refused entry to future PTS events.
4. We highly discourage headphone use at this event - it is a risk to your safety.
5. Woohoo and have fun while on course, keeping in mind that trail etiquette is key at all PTS events. Look after each other out there!