Sly Fox Race Brief
Event Start Time:
Langford Park, Jarrahdale
Directions to Event:
Woohoo - welcome to Event Four of Summer Series 2021! We can't wait to cheer you on at Sly Fox!
What's in a Name? Langford Park is a sneaky little gem that most people don't know exists! "Wait, isn't that where most PTS races
happen?" you're thinking... "Good point! Add this one to the list! Woohoo!" In Sly Fox, you'll find loads of singletrack and we'll be trotting on some
stunning mtb trails. This sexy flowy trail will leave you feeling like a Sly Little Fox! *Fun Fact: Langford Park is an ex-bauxite mine that's been
repurposed into a recreational area. Great news for the environment - and us trail runners!
Directions and IMPORTANT Parking Information. Please plan to arrive earlier than you normally would.
Address: Langford Park, Nettleton Rd Entrance Jarrahdale Enter 'Langford Park, Nettleton Rd Entrance' into Google Maps. *Please Note: There are two entrances. Use entrance that states 'Langford Park.' This will be the second entrance if travelling north on Nettleton Road. The Start/Finish area is located on a gravel road that is 2wd accessible. If you'd rather leave the car at home, make sure you organise your carpooling this week!
We appreciate runners carpooling! To find your carpooling mates, use the Sly Fox Event page and join our Perth Trail Series (social group) We'll have some lucky carpoolers come up to spin
the PTS Prize Wheel on event day - so grab your carpooling mates to be in with a chance!
- If you're feeling unwell please STAY HOME!
- Don't forget to practice physical distancing in the Start/Finish area and out on course.Important Times
What To Bring
- Your carpooling mates!!!
- Your Hydration System (a handheld bottle, waist belt, or pack that holds a minimum of 500ml). All runners - regardless of course distance - MUST present their hydration system at Check-in or you won't receive your race bib. Save a walk back to the car and make sure you have it with you! You must carry your hydration system with you for the duration of your time on course. No hydration = no time. No exceptions!
- PTS Collapsible Cup to access water at the Top Up Stop and punch at the Finish Line. No cup = no water and no punch. If it's your first event let the PTS Crew know when you Check-in to receive your cup.
- Hat, sunscreen and a positive, prepared for anything, sense of adventure, trail running attitude!
- $$$ Cash or Card for pre-race coffee and post run brekkie! EFTPOS is available to buy awesome PTS Merch (Shirts, Buffs, KeepCups, Race Dots, Medal Racks).
- Drop Bag so you can have drinks and change of clothes with you at the finish. We'll have a marquee you can leave your stuff at.
What NOT To Bring
- Hiking poles - they aren't allowed at the Summer Series events.
- Dogs are welcome at the Start/Finish area of event, but we ask that they're well behaved and controlled.
- Our coffee and food vans will have delicious beverages, treats and brekkie - so refuel and relax while cheering in your fellow trail runners!
- Presos will take place ~9:00am. We'll award 1st, 2nd, 3rd for each course. Stick around and join in the fun - you might score yourself a chance to spin the PTS Prize Wheel!
Download the Google Map to your device and follow your course colour
*Actual event day course may change - always follow course flagging and arrows on the day*
NO Headphones: With all the flowy singletrack, please leave the headphones at home. An additional reason for this, is we're on mountain bike trails. You need to be alert and aware of other trail users as well as your surroundings.
Carpooling: One of the best things about these events is the community of runners! You guys! Woohoo! A great way to get know each other better, is to rideshare. It's good for the environment. It's good for accountability. No sleeping in when you've got 3 other runners to collect! It's good for directions. 1 person navigate, while 1 controls the tunes and convos and 1 does the driving.
Flat and Fast: We know it's easy to pick up speed on the flowy trail. If you would like to pass, call out to the runner ahead of you. No need to step on their heels or breathe down their neck. If you hear panting behind you, call out to the runner, "Do you want to pass?" and then please let them." Let's look after each other to have the most fun!
Some rules to remember:
1. Disqualification (DQ) if caught littering or short-cutting/cheating.
2. Minimum 500mL hydration must be carried for the duration of the event and it's a DQ if you're caught without it. If you want to run without hydration there are great footpaths in the city ;-)
3. Bibs cannot be given to someone else to race on your behalf - your bib, your identity. If you did not enter this event, you aren't allowed to run the course on the day. This is called "ghosting" and will result in being refused entry to future PTS events.
4. We highly discourage headphone use at this event - it is a risk to your safety.
5. Woohoo and have fun while on course, keeping in mind that trail etiquette is key at all PTS events. Look after each other out there!