Qi Gong Race Brief
Event Start Time:
Directions to Event:
Woohoo - welcome to Event Three of Summer Series 2021! We can't wait to cheer you on as you find your Qi!
Huh? What's Qi? Qi Gong. Qi (or Chi, but pronounced Chee, regardless) is Chinese for energy or life force. Gong
= Work. Qi Gong is a method of aligning breath and movement - the practice of Tai Chi is one example. Uniting your breath and movement in trail running
may be another! We shared some breath tips last week, so check them out before Sunday!
Directions and IMPORTANT Parking Information. Please plan to arrive earlier than you normally would.
Enter 218 Admiral Rd Bedfordale WA 6112 in Google Maps... gets us there everytime! From Perth, travel southeast on Albany Highway past Armadale, turning right (south) onto Admiral Road, where it is signed. Follow Admiral road all the way down to the white park gate where you’ll see the start/finish. Continue on to the car park slightly further on your right. If that's full, travel approximately 600 mtrs further (up a hill) to the other car parks.
- Don't forget to practice physical distancing in the Start/Finish area and out on course.
- Hat, sunscreen and a positive, prepared for anything, sense of adventure, trail running attitude!
- Cash for pre-race coffee and food. You can also buy awesome PTS Gear (Buffs, KeepCups, Shirts, Race Dots available). Don't forget it's CASH ONLY this event. We'll also have Keep On Running out with their great range of hydration packs, shoes, nutrition, along with fantastic trail running advice! Don't forget to have a look and say hi to Bruce!
- Drop Bag so you can have drinks and change of clothes with you at the finish.
COMPLETE SUMMER SERIES RUNNERS Please remember to wear your PTS 'Be Adventure" Wristband to every Summer Series event. It's how we know to give you the MegaMedal. You'll receive your Qi Gong MegaMedal piece as you cross the Finish Line on Sunday.
What NOT To Bring:
- Your dog. It's a Water Corp Site that doesn't welcome dogs.
- Hiking poles. They aren't allowed at Summer Series events.
- We'll have a coffee and food vans, so grab a drink, a snack, and relax while cheering in your fellow trail runners. It's CASH ONLY this event, don't forget!
- Presos will take place ~8:25AM for Green and 8:45AM for Black & Blue. We'll award 1st / 2nd / 3rd for Black, Blue, Green and U18. If you get called up and you're not there, you miss it. So don't miss out, hang out for presos!
Download the Google Map to your device and follow your course colour
*Actual event day course may change - always follow course flagging on the day*
Be mindful when the courses rejoin. It is quite a wide trail, however, if you're keen to pass just call out and do so when safe :-) Something simple and succinct such as, "on your left." That person can then make way for you when it is safe for them to do so.
You may notice it's a been a bit hot and humid in Perth this summer. Prepare for this before you join the course, carry extra water, and look after each other.
Uphills and walking: Are you one of those people who persistently run/grind up to the top of a hill... or until your lungs explode and your legs melt? Sometimes it feels pretty good doing this, particularly if you pass people on the way up. But sometimes you might just be knackering yourself which prevents you from reaching your full potential on the downs and the flats. We’re not talking about every uphill incline, but rather the hills that you have to work extra hard to get up.
Consider (power) walking uphill instead with the thought, and this is the important bit, of then being able to make up more ground on the downhill and any flat bits! We’re expecting there won’t be a huge difference in the times but hopefully a huge difference in how you feel at the top and consequently how you run the next section.
Some rules to remember:
1. Disqualification (DQ) if caught littering or short-cutting/cheating.
2. Minimum 500mL hydration must be carried for the duration of the event and it's a DQ if you're caught without it. If you want to run without hydration there are great footpaths in the city ;-)
3. Bibs cannot be given to someone else to race on your behalf - your bib, your identity. If you did not enter this event, you aren't allowed to run the course on the day. This is called "ghosting" and will result in being refused entry to future PTS events.
4. We highly discourage headphone use at this event - it is a risk to your safety.
5. Woohoo and have fun while on course, keeping in mind that trail etiquette is key at all PTS events. Look after each other out there!