Moon Shadow Race Brief
Event Start Time:
Ellis Brook Valley Reserve
Directions to Event:
We can't wait to cheer you on at Moon Shadow - our Alice in Wonderland themed twilight event!
Directions and Parking Information
From the Roe Highway/Tonkin Highway intersection south of Perth, travel south on Tonkin Highway past Kelvin Road and Maddington Road. Turn LEFT onto Gosnells Rd East, then take the first RIGHT onto Pitt Road (signed for Ellis Brook Valley Reserve). At the T-Junction, turn RIGHT onto Hayward Rd then take the first LEFT onto Quarry Road (continue to follow signs for the reserve). Take your first LEFT again onto Rushton Road and continue straight into the park, where you will be directed to parking and the start line. Please do not try to enter the park via Mills Rd West from the south. This is not possible - it is blocked by the quarry!
There is limited parking available at Ellis Brook Valley Reserve so we encourage our runners to carpool. Find a ride or offer a lift by commenting on the dedicated post on the Moon Shadow Event page and in the Perth Trail Series (social group).
5:00pm Check-in and Bib Collection (closes at 5:50pm)
6:00pm Race Briefing (ALL runners must be present)
6:10pm Black (12km) Course Start
6:20pm Blue (7km) Course Start
6:30pm Green (4km) Course Start
What To Bring
- Your Hydration System (handheld bottle, waist belt, or pack that holds a minimum of 500ml). This MUST be presented at Check-in or you won't receive your race bib. Please fill your hydration system at home, there is no tap available at the Start/Finish area.
- Your headlamp - this MUST be presented at Check-in or you won't receive your race bib! You will also need to carry a fully charged mobile phone as a backup light.
- Your PTS Collapsible Cup to access water at the Aid Station and at the Top Up Stop. No cup = no water. If it's your first event let PTS Crew know at Check-in to receive your cup.
- A warm jacket so you can stick around and cheer in your fellow trail runners at the Finish line!
- Cash or card for food & drinks before and after the event.
- A positive and prepared for anything trail runner attitude!
- We'll have food trucks onsite serving coffee, dinner, and ice-cream! Yum!!! Don't forget cash/card for your post race delights.
~7:50pm will be presentations - stick around and cheer in your fellow trail runners!
Download the Google Map to your device and follow your course colour
*Actual race day course may change - always follow course flagging on the day*
Some rules to remember:
1. Disqualification (DQ) if caught littering or short-cutting/cheating.
2. Minimum 500mL hydration must be carried for the duration of the event and it's a DQ if you're caught without it. If you want to run without hydration there are great footpaths in the city ;-)
3. Bibs cannot be given to someone else to race on your behalf - your bib, your identity. If you did not enter this event, you aren't allowed to run the course on the day. This is called "ghosting" and will result in being refused entry to future PTS events.
4. We highly discourage headphone use at this event - it is a risk to your safety.
5. Woohoo and have fun while on course, keeping in mind that trail etiquette is key at all PTS events. Look after each other out there!